National Union of Israeli Students
The National Union of Israeli Students (NUIS) is the sole organization representing over 300.000 students in 61 higher education institutes and vocational schools in Israel. We believe the young public in Israel, comprising almost half of Israel’s population, is the living force of society. NUIS was established in 1934, before the establishment of the state of Israel itself.
The Student Union’s activity is widespread and includes a variety of activities portraying its worldview regarding the students’ role, responsibilities and benefits within the Israeli society. The union is composed of professional departments enacting the decisions made for and with the student community in addition to local student unions in each of the higher education institutes. The central role of the union is to protect the student's status and rights while at the same time strengthening its social purpose as the leading body driving lively activity among the public.
- NUIS’s team is working hard to encourage research, development and entrepreneurship, putting the topic of higher education on top of the public’s agenda, including accessibility of higher education to all with an emphasis on ethnic minorities and immigrants.
- Taking care of the students’ welfare and livelihood, including making sure the students’ voice is always heard in society. NUIS is protecting society’s right to a good and quality higher education that creates quality employability for fresh graduates, so that they will give back to society and enrich it.
- Due to the sensitive area Israel is located at, NUIS has put a strong emphasis on a mutual dialogue in and outbound of the country’s borders. Good and stable integration of the different nations and cultures that live here are highly important to us, therefore we encourage values of a society that respects the other.
- Represents all the students in Israel, Be attentive and available to their entire needs; social, academic and financial.
- NUIS will initiate and lead social projects that will promote the social periphery and increase the social involvement in Israel, particularly amongst students.
- NUIS will form a model of excellence in public management by acting according to full transparency, accountability and democracy values.
- NUIS will unite and empower the various local unions and will support their every need.
- NUIS will maintain strong and fruitful connections with various young organizations within Israel and around the world, due to the importance of cooperation, knowledge exchange and friendship.
Address: Hamasger 42, Tel-Aviv, P.O Box 57731, Zip code 6157602, Israel
Institute contact person:
Ms. Michal Meged - email@example.com